Worst Case Scenario for Republicans: President Obama
The recent win in Illinois by Mitt Romney may have statistically brought Romney closer to securing the Republican nomination, but that does not stop the controversy from raging. Some insiders who spoke anonymous on the discontent within the party had one question “why”. Why are the Republicans not attacking Obama instead of each other? Why is the establishment so gun-ho over Romney no matter what the cost? Why is Romney so electable against Obama when he is spending 7 to 1 in the primary with not impressive results ?
One Republican insider speaking on condition of confidentiality is concerned about the ill focus fight against President Obama. The Republican infighting is leaving a breach of disrepair in the party. This breach is distracting the one common goal to defeat President Obama. As the insider discussed, ” all concerted efforts should be made against President Obama, but instead all concerted efforts are being made to destroy ourselves(Republican Party).” As the insider described, we (Republicans) are handing the election of 2012 to President Obama, and the Republican Party can blame no one but itself.
- Mitt Romney said his ‘only connection’ to Republican Party in Massachusetts was his registration (dailykos.com)
- Onward, Paul says of GOP primary (politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com)
- AP, Kasie Hunt Try to Perpetuate ‘Hatchet Job of All Time’ Claim That Santorum Said He Would Support Obama Over Romney (newsbusters.org)
- Now Santorum Says He’ll Support Whoever Wins The GOP Nod (alan.com)
- Zakaria: The Republican Party’s demographics problem (globalpublicsquare.blogs.cnn.com)
- Gingrich camp to Republicans: Promise you won’t vote for Obama (politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com)
- Have Republican’s forgotten the real objective? (worldviewtonight.com)
- Plouffe calls out GOP candidates over Obama reaction (politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com)
- Graham’s ‘comfortable’ with Romney (politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com)
- Gingrich – I’m in for the long haul (worldviewtonight.com)