THE FOLLOWING IS AN EXCERPT FROM A PENDING PUBLICATION ON YAHOO PERSONAL FINANCE. THE FULL CONTENT WILL BE AVAILABLE ON YAHOO PERSONAL FINANCE. MY AGREEMENT DOES NOT ALLOW SHARING ANY WRITING CONTENT IN ENTIRETY UNTIL PUBLISHED BY YAHOO. PUBLICATION WILL BE IN TWO WEEKS. THIS ARTICLE IS THE BEGINNING TO A SERIES OF PERSONAL FINANCE COLUMNS AND CONTENT TO FEATURE THE RELEASE OF Super Parenting: Million Dollar Children by 18. I DECIDED TO SHARE A PREVIEW OF THE ARTICLE AS TOUR DU JOUR OF WHAT IS TO COME!!!!!
A milestone in life is turning forty years old as the time passage of being young is not the adjective of a human’s existence as forty is the psychological threshold or benchmark of forward is older and hindsight is the warnings for all younger to hear. Forty is a reflection of the last twenty-two years of legal adulthood with 20/20 hindsight to consider the lessons learned and changes to avoid some of the challenges of the last twenty-two years. My hindsight goes back in time to turning 18 years of age, and my life was perfect and my habits were reckless as wealth and affluence did allow spending on new car, senior high school trip on a cruise, and obtaining a residence outside my parents’ home to attend college in the fall. A crystal ball showing me a clear picture of the future could not prepare of the future reality of being an adult. The perfection of life at 18 would cease to exist almost 13 years into the future at 31, and the vacuum of basics in personal finance would become clear. My life at 31 would be a 10 year veteran as Vice President and Top Banker in the company and the state, and the basics of personal finance or foundation were missing to allow misfortune to overtake the insurmountable career success as a banker.
Before turning 18, my education and preparation did not include basic five personal financial literacy basics and the impact of ignorance has been a negative to the many successes and joy in my adult life. As a child, I could not teach myself the basic personal finance literacy principles that were required as I was dependent on others to teach reading, writing, and arithmetic skills to thrive in society. The personal finance instruction by a mentor, adult, or parent are so simple but unconventional in our modern society. Personal finance literacy is a cradle to grave process as life changes for a person along does the education and awareness of personal finance in relation to the person’s journey in life.. These personal finance basics are five tips to teach all children before turning 18….. THE FIVE TIPS WILL BE AVAILABLE ON YAHOO PERSONAL FINANCE UPON PUBLICATION…..
- Personal Finance this weekend (business.financialpost.com)
- Personal Finance Blogs: Get Money! (prnewswire.com)
- Losing The Personal Finance Race on Day One (socyberty.com)
- How will i benefit from the new tax allowance? (blogs.confused.com)
- Losing the personal finance race on day one (donny-wise.com)
- A christian personal finance blog (christianpf.com)
- Personal Financial Literacy in America: Shackles (donny-wise.com)
- Nuru Personal Finance flash cards giveaway (christianpf.com)
- America’s crisis point in financial literacy (donny-wise.com)
- Here’s Why Giving Your Kid An Allowance Is A Bad Idea (businessinsider.com)
- Pension concerns? The Cash Clinic is here to help (blogs.confused.com)
- The NFEC and Penn State Behrend Partner to Promote Financial Literacy (prweb.com)
- The NFEC Launches The Core 12 Financial Literacy Curriculum and Certified Financial Education Instructor Training Package (prweb.com)